To vote on the idea, please sign in with your personal or social account (Facebook or Google).
To watch the idea, please sign in with your personal or social account (Facebook or Google).
- For more intuitive display and understanding, halve AP values and halve the strength of AC so that AP >= than AC results in maximum kinetic damage.
- The relationship between AP and AC probably shouldn't be linear because it makes it hard to give specific and distinct value to KD compared to AP. In other words, because the relationship is linear, at low values, AP and KD can become roughly equivalent.
- Make the relationship between AP and AC exponential. With bad AP to AC ratio, kinetic damage should be extremely low and scale poorly. As the AP to AC ratio becomes high, damage should scale quickly until AP = AC.
- These changes mean that KD values can be safely increased, especially on frag warheads. Frag gains a niche against cheap materials since it can now affect weak materials more aggressively. That's similar to HE, except fragments can travel further than HE's radius, especially at lower gauges/values.
- AP to AC scaling should probably look something like one of those curves:
- Kinetic is in a weird spot because railguns are pretty good, but basic APS requires shells about 2 to 3 times longer than railguns do to get the similar performance which which potentially means bigger autoloaders and/or more loaders for similar RoF which means massively increased cost compared to railguns. Thus, buffing kinetic directly is a bad idea otherwise railguns just become OP.
- Buff kinetic but nerf the scaling of AP and KD off of speed. This reduces the need for gunpowder on kinetic shells. The speed still has value and utility and railguns remain advantageous for kinetic as they should be since they need power to fire.
- Assuming AP to AC ratio becomes non-linear, buffing KD on lower AP (read heavy head, possibly the armor piercing head too, but definitely not on sabots) components could make non-railgun kinetic shells more viable, at least against lower AC armour setups.
- For QoL, KD displays/tooltips should probably list how much damage it does at 25% AP to AC intervals and that it can't deal more damage than the displayed KD.
Drop files to attach them