To vote on the idea, please sign in with your personal or social account (Facebook or Google).
To watch the idea, please sign in with your personal or social account (Facebook or Google).
A device which you can place onto your sub which will reduce water drag at the cost of engine power, IR signature, and sonar signature. It could work similarly to ring shields.
A bigger machine will reduce drag more, and very thin but long subs could potentially reach extremely high speeds due to there being barely any forward drag.
To compensate for this, maybe the device has some sort of restriction until you place a 'drag redirector' block which might remove this minimum drag restriction, but increase drag in other directions, as it "redirects drag from the given direction into other directions."
The device will only work for water, but not necessarily underwater, as ships could use it to increase their speed.
- Pulls munitions towards the craft?
- Increase increased signature
- Increase engine power required
- Only works on one face instead of one direction?
- Allows visual cameras to see your sub?
- Doesn't allow sonar in that direction?
- Allows regular cameras to work underwater?
- Reduce increase of signature